The other day on tv during a commercial break, a concern campaign came on.
The campaign mentioned that 19,000 people die each day from hunger. So I decided to look that up because I felt it was a staggering amount of deaths. I searched it and United Nations facts came up, the facts read that 21,000 people die everyday from hunger or hunger related causes. One person every 4 seconds.
This was it, I then felt an urge to do something, so I decided that my next project should be based on these statistics.
My current thoughts are these, a looping video, a three-Dimensional piece – maybe a pile of wrappers from sweets, sweets that i will eat in four seconds and those sweets I don’t finish in four seconds could be spat out to create a pie of wasted food to show that have more than enough to share and feed the entire population.
I’ll keep eveyone posted on updates and potential work.
- Yoko Ono recounts own hunger during war in Japan (bostonherald.com)
- Time to Shake the World and End Hunger (millennialjournal.com)
- Yoko Ono recounts own hunger during war in Japan (thenewstribune.com)
- Pope calls hunger “global scandal,” urges lifestyle changes (trust.org)
- Witnesses now warriors against hunger (philly.com)
- Hunger campaigners promote the Right to Food (briannapiazza.com)
- Yoko Ono recounts own hunger during war in Japan (miamiherald.com)
- The Caritas confederation will launch its first ever global campaign against hunger on 10th December with a recorded message (fidest.wordpress.com)
- Yoko Ono Recalls Starving As A Child As She Helps Launch New Anti-hunger Initiative (contactmusic.com)
- Yoko Ono Recounts Own Hunger During War in Japan (abcnews.go.com)